Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's for Dinner...




2011 is the year to live Happier and Healthier...and in an effort to do so I  will be posting our Menu Plans here on the blog so that I'm accountable to each of you to get it done!! (in the past I've been very hit or miss on menu planning)   I'm always so inspired by food blogs...like Pioneer Woman, Dine and Dish and so many more...while I don't have time to devote to an actual food blog...this will be a little something extra for me each week..and I hope each of  you will get menu ideas for your families as well!!:)  We will be mixing in some of our standby favorites along with some new healthier meals.  I plan to try to post these either Sunday or Monday...but this week time just got away from me so your getting it on Thursday!!:)

Monday: Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken  (This was a new recipe for us and it gets Two thumbs up EVERYONE at my house Loved this...and it was great the next day on my salad at lunch)  (one helpful hint thinner chicken breasts work better!)

Tuesday: Perfect Pot Roast  (always delicious!!)

Wednesday: Easy Slow Cooker Lemony Garlic Chicken Breast  (This was a new recipe for us and it too was AMAZING and so easy.  I did add an extra 1/2 cup of water and 1tbsp of lemon juice...and about an hour before it was done I thru in some artichoke hearts...Yummo)

Thursday: Meatballs and Brown Gravy  (this is an easy recipe my kids LOVE...I make just plan hamburger into meatballs cook them in the oven.  I make a couple packets of brown Gravy...Place the meatballs in the gravy and serve over Mashed Potatoes or Rice..my kids scarf it down.

Friday: Roasted Chicken with Wild Rice Soup  (can't wait to try this recipe)

Saturday: Date Night :)

Sunday: Chili

No comments: