Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Our New Favorite Cookie...Recipe Shared

It's no surprise to anyone that knows me...I LOVE to cook/bake.  But as I've gotten older I've learned that I cannot leave a recipe alone...I always have to add my own elements.  These cookies are the perfect example and the first recipe that I would really call my own.  There are a couple small things I pulled from another recipe but for the most part I pulled ingredients that I love and put them together the results are these AMAZING...Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate Cookies.  Don't walk...RUN to the store to grab the ingredients I promise you won't be sorry...they are a little party for your mouth!!:)

Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup Carmel bits
1 1oz square semi sweet baking chocolate square, grated (you can leave this out..but why would you want to!!:)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper

3. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt
4. In a large bowl (or mixer) blend butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla

5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.  Make sure not to over mix or cookies will be tough.

6. Grate Chocolate baking square and add to batter.

7. Gently fold in chocolate chips and Carmel bits

8. Scoop cookies in desired size onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart.  Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt on each cookie.

9. Bake 10-12 minutes

10. Let cool slightly on sheet pan and then transfer to wire rack.

11. Enjoy!!:)

No comments: