Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Our New Favorite Cookie...Recipe Shared
Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup Carmel bits
1 1oz square semi sweet baking chocolate square, grated (you can leave this out..but why would you want to!!:)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt
4. In a large bowl (or mixer) blend butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla
5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Make sure not to over mix or cookies will be tough.
6. Grate Chocolate baking square and add to batter.
7. Gently fold in chocolate chips and Carmel bits
8. Scoop cookies in desired size onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt on each cookie.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes
10. Let cool slightly on sheet pan and then transfer to wire rack.