Thursday, November 08, 2007

Help.....

***Edited***
So I just got a call from the kiddos Parents Day Out...a call I was expecting today but dreading a little!! They have an opening on Tuesdays (the same day the big kids go) for little Sophia. It's very ironic that the space came available this week...and you can't go to PDO until you are 1 years old and walking.

I'm a little (OK alot torn) besides the obvious cost of another child going I'm not sure I'm ready to be away from little miss for 5 hours a day. I think she would love going to *school* it would be great social interaction with kids of her own age....and the best part I LOVE the teachers she would have!! I could get a ton more done by myself for 5 hours each week. But shes my baby and I'm trying my hardest to keep her a baby as long as possible. So do I keep her home for me...or do I send her. I know ultimately it's our decision...but I'd love you all to weigh in!! :)
Thanks, Jen

***So we've decided to send her...we will see how it goes if one of us does not do well I can always pull her out....she will start on 11-20-07...I'll post pictures!! :) Thanks to everyone that left us messages!! J

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a tough one and I understand your hesitation. However, I think you should sign her up if you can afford the extra cost. Everyone needs a little time away from the kids to get things done. Also, since you love the teachers, you know she will be in good hands. The first few days will be especially hard, but I think it will get easier as time goes on. Good luck making this difficult decision. I know you will make the right choice. ;)

Anonymous said...

Go for it! Spend that time to get some work done that will bring income in and offset the cost! I've started looking into KDO for next Sept., but haven't come with or thought about what I am going to do while they are there to pay for it! ;)She will LOVE it!
Erynn

Tanya Siekman said...

I would do it. Personally I think it's good for growth and development to be away from Mom a little bit. It will help with the transition later for both of you. Just MHO.

I have a question ... where did you get the tutu's? I forgot to ask you when we talked. Love them.

Good luck in whatever you decide ... actually whatever your decision is, will be what is right for you.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Wow - You are being selfish and selfless all at the same time.

Would some time by yourself make you enjoy your time with the kids more? And would their time away make them appreciate you more? It works in theory. :)

But do what feels right and keep her on the waiting list. Eventually, she'll be able to either ask you 1) if she can stay home with your or 2) why she doesn't get to go to school. Then you'll know what's right (and then she will ask the opposite the next week!)

Regan

Denise said...

Keep her home. She is still a baby and your last. The toilets can wait.

McTriplet Mommy said...

Send her. Absolutely. She'll love it - and you will, too! :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

I personally think you've made the right choice...I have a feeling you'll both do better than you think! Amy :)

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A TOUGH ONE. I THINK LIKE YOU SAID GIVE IT A CHANCE. IN THE LONG RUN IT IS HARD, BUT NO MATTER HOW TIGHT WE HOLD ON THEY GROW SO FAST. I AM THINKING THIS IS REALLY GOING TO GIVE YOU, A LITTLE EXTRA TIME, WHICH IN TURN MIGHT KEEP YOU FROM STAYING UP WAY LATE TO DO THINGS, IN TURN MAYBE IN THE LONG RUN MAKING THINGS EVEN MORE WONDERFUL. IT IS SO HARD TO DECIDED THOSE THINGS. GO WITH YOUR GUT WHEN IT ALL COMES DOWN TO IT. IF IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE YOU SAY, PULL HER OUT, NO BIG DEAL. GOOD LUCK AND I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU GUYS. LOVE YA,TARA

~Melissa Mullinax said...

You know what I think. She is VERY young to be going...a bit too young in my opinion, but it's just a few hours a week and it's not like their going to be doing Algebra or anything while they're there. :P

And even though my first gut reaction was to say, "OH, MY No! She is entirely TOO young!"; think about my own kids. They've had to go to daycare since they were born. Is that really any different? And they spent A LOT more time at daycare then she will at MDO. KWIM? And you can always pull her out if it's not working, so it's all good.

~M

McTriplet Mommy said...

Good luck!

McTriplet Mommy said...

So??????