Thursday, August 03, 2006

What a week.....

Is it Friday yet?!?! We have had one heck of a week....it started at 5:30am Tuesday morning...Samuel woke up gasping for air....having what I thought was a asthma attack...Jared gave him a breathing treatment while I hurried and got dressed...he didn't seem to be getting better so I rushed him to Children's Mercy where they immediatly admitted us and started him on steroids and a higher dose breathing treatment. Within minutes he started getting better....they think he had croup again which flairs up his asthma. The good news is that we only had to stay in-patient until about 11:30am...and since leaving CM Sam has been perfectly normal...just gave mom and dad one heck of a scare. I really had started to think that Sam's diagnosis of having Asthma was a little premature...because he had been perfectly fine since November....but this episode proved that it can rear it's ugly head at anytime!!! The doctors still believe he will grow out of the asthma in the next few years...and I hope that they are right...it's a scary, scary illness...as a mother it's affects leave me feeling so helpless!!

Jared left for a business trip to Chicago not long after Sam and I got home from the hospital on Tuesday...he is due back this afternoon. It always throws a little funk into our days when Jared is away.....but luckily my mom and dad stepped in and were a huge help with the kids!!!

I had my 26 week doctor appointment yesterday and Baby M is doing great....strong heartbeat and growing perfectly!!! We don't have to go back for another 4 weeks...that is if I passed my bloood sugar test!!!:)

We can't wait until tomorrow....it means finally an end to this week...and we are headed to Parsons for a visit with family!! We are looking forward to a weekend away!! Have a great one!!

1 comment:

Stefanie~ said...

oh my.. this must have been so scary... I'm glad everything is ok...